Monday through Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm 40 hours per week. $16.00 per Hour - MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE.
To assess the needs of Meals on Wheels Collin County clients, verify whether they qualify for meal service and provide on-going case management/social work. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated clients to ensure that goals or objectives of the clients are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally. This position is low level assessments and reassessments.
Dedicated Experienced social worker with 4+ years of experience. Extensively trained in case management or social work. Personable and proactive social worker focused on building positive rapport with a diverse population of clients.
- Case planning
- Group behavior/dynamics
- Licensed Social Worker
- Passion for social work
- Sound judgment
- Natural leader
- Charismatic public speaker
- Exceptional problem solver
- Case documentation
- Supervised before or potential to supervise
- Master’s/Bachelor's Degree in Social Work
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience as a social worker, preferable with a non-profit agency
- Master's/Bachelor’s degree in social work preferred
- A working knowledge and awareness of the needs and challenges of the elderly population
- Exhibit strong oral and written communication skills and be detail oriented to maintain accurate records
- Have good interpersonal skills and ability to function as an effective team member
- Ability to speak effectively and represent the agency to individuals and groups
- Must be an expert in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office software
- Be willing to occasionally attend evening and weekend functions promoting or representing the agency
- Must be able to read, speak and write in English
- Valid and current TX Driver’s License
- Ability to make assessments/reassessments and develop and implement viable care plans
- Excellent listening and communication skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews client plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing, and allotment of available resources to various phases of client.
- Establishes work plan for each phase of client meal delivery.
- Confers with staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of personnel to ensure client meal delivery progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by staff and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares client reports for management or others.
- Confers with peers and Supervisor to resolve problems.
- Coordinates client activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Coordinates with other company team members’ critical dates and sharing of innovations learned.
- Communicates with team meal delivery expectations and oversee the timely completion of milestones.
- Attends weekly or biweekly meetings as requested.
- Reports back to Chief Executive Officer.
- Up holds the ethics and values of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MEALS ON WHEELS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide information regarding Meals on Wheels to potential clients and their families
- Screen and address all referrals
- Assess and re-assess clients to verify if they meet qualifications for meal service
- Establish, maintain and ensure client files are kept current, neat, accurate and properly secured
- Follow up with clients regarding missed meals and/or late cancellations and resolve issues when possible
CASE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide case management to client by way of identifying and addressing needs
- Follow up on any concerns regarding clients as reported by volunteers, neighbors, family members, office staff, etc., and maintain records of communications and resolutions
- Develop support systems to meet client needs by identifying and coordinating a variety of available services and maintaining relationships with organizations that address the needs of the elderly
- Maintain various client lists accurately
- Maintain Assessment/Re-assessment lists
- Maintain documentation of client activities, changes, and communications
- Update client files per status changes
- File status changes DADS/StarPlus Responsibilities: follow DADS criteria in all aspects of DADS client contract requirements
- Maintain and update files with current DADS paperwork and forms
- Contact new DADS clients by phone to gather all necessary information to begin meal service
- Contact new DADS clients by phone and inform of Meals on Wheels procedures
- Complete a Nutritional Assessment for each client
- Mail all required forms to DADS clients
- Fax DADS meal start date confirmation
- Inform DADS case managers of client statuses daily
HEALTH MAINTENANCE ASSISTANCE:
- Screen and process clients for Health Maintenance Funds (Senior Safety Net) assistance
- Maintain spreadsheets recording assistance provided and funds utilized
- Provide accounting department with accurate accounting funds, reimbursement forms and payables
- Develop and maintain relationships and contact information regarding various organizations and partners who can assist in meeting the needs of clients
- Keep track of fund balance and various gift card balances
- Attend occasional community events as part of representing and promoting the agency
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops client plans; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional client situations; responds promptly to client needs; solicits client feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.